OP Health is seeking a compassionate, empathetic, and professional RPN to provide personalized outstanding health care to our communities delivering the best patient outcomes with exemplary standards. If you are looking for an organization that empowers you to use your clinical skills and judgment and apply the full scope of practice to have a direct impact on your client’s health and well-being, then OP Health is the home for you.
- Variable setting (long-term care, hospital, retirement facilities) might involve a wide range of responsibilities incl. patient assessment, medication administration, taking vital signs, blood pressure, skin treatment, and wound care, and also heavy duties such as positioning patient and occasional lifting to make assessments
- Provide nursing services within a defined scope of practice to patients based on patients’ assessments and treatment plans.
- Ensure inspections control, monitoring nutritional intake, and specimen collection
- Administer medications and observe and document therapeutic effects
- Monitor patients’ progress, evaluate the effectiveness of the nursing intervention and consult with appropriate members of the healthcare team
- Provide safety and health education to individuals and their families Documentation:
- Maintain accurate notes in the patient’s chart about changes of condition, diagnosis, therapeutic procedures.
- Keep accurate patients’ test results, X-ray, cardiograms, and other medical documentation.
- Develop health care plans based on assessment information. Communication with Patient/Family
- Perform duties according to Nursing Standards for Registered Nurses set by the College of Nurses, possess high ethical qualities towards patients, family members, and co-workers. Continuing education and skills upgrades
- Participating in workshops, courses, and other educational activities and programs, demonstrate the ability and wiliness to upgrade nursing skills.
- Present recent participation in development/continuing education programs
- RPN current certificate of competency, CNO – College of Nurses of Ontario (To be verified at the time of hire and then submitted annually)
- Current CPR certificate Level 3 and First Aid certificate (completed annually)
- Medication Management Certificate, skin/wound care certificate
- Current Annual Registration as an RPN with the College of Nurses of Ontario (general class)
- 3-5 years of relevant experience as a Registered Nurse at the Hospital/Long Term care facilities
- Criminal Record Check (completed annually)
- Attendance to nursing refresher programs within 5 last years and successful completion of this program initiated by Registered Practical Nurses Association.
- Two professional references within the last 2 years
- Positive attitude towards patients, caring, compassion, initiative
- Active membership of Ontario Practical Nurses Association Working environment
- Effective interpersonal skills & strong organizational ability
- Basic computer skills
If you are looking to build a career and an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team, submit your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416 477 6867