OP Health is looking for an energetic, professional OT to join our growing team of medical professionals. You will be assessing individual situations by drawing upon an evidence-based approach and apply specialized knowledge and skills to recommend a course of preventive or corrective action by providing therapeutic and rehabilitation treatment that will help people lead more productive and satisfying lives.
- Facilitates development and rehabilitation of patients with mental, emotional, and physical disabilities by planning and administering medically prescribed occupational therapy.
- Meets the patient’s goals and needs and provides quality care by assessing and interpreting evaluations and test results and determining occupational therapy treatment plans in consultation with physicians or by prescription.
- Helps patient develop or regain physical or mental functioning or adjust to disabilities.
- Implements programs involving manual arts and crafts, practice in functional, pre-vocational, vocational, and homemaking skills and fosters activities of daily living.
- Promotes maximum independence by selecting and constructing therapies according to the individual’s physical capacity, intelligence level, and interest.
- Prepares patient for return to employment by consulting with employers; determining potential employee difficulties; retraining employees; and helping employers understand necessary physical and job accommodations.
- Evaluates results of occupational therapy by observing, noting, and evaluating patient’s progress and recommending and implementing adjustments and modifications.
- Completes discharge planning by consulting with physicians, nurses, social workers, and other health care workers.
- Assures continuation of therapeutic plan following discharge by designing and instructing patients, families, and caregivers in home exercise programs; recommending and/or providing assistive equipment and recommending outpatient or home health follow-up programs.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects hospital operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Develops occupational therapy staff by providing information and developing and conducting in-service training programs.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and certification requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- BS degree or greater in Occupational Therapy
- OT Certification
- Member of Candian Association of Occupational Therapists
- Proven work experience
- Excellent knowledge of principles and practices of occupational therapy
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Legal compliance
- Communication Skills
- Patient and compassionate
- Health promotion and maintenance
If you are looking to build a career and an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team, submit your resume at email@example.com or call 416 477 6867